Why Pennies and Pounds?
Pennies are the small stuff - those little details. As the old saying goes, "don't sweat the small stuff." But we often do sweat the small stuff. We often sweat the pennies at the expense of the pounds. But should we not be concerned about the pennies at all? After all, if you save enough pennies, you'll have a pound.
Pounds are the big stuff. Have you heard of the idiom "penny-wise but pound-sterling foolish?" That's a good saying. It helps us remember that one big thing can be more important than a lot of little things. Remember what's important. We need to remember to focus on those few things that give you the most results. Don't waste your precious time picking up pennies when you can pick up a pound just a little farther down your path. Have you heard of the Pareto (80-20) Principle? It's quite useful and illuminating.
Stay Informed - Enter Your Info Below Now
Dear Intelligent Reader,
The goal of Pennies and Pounds is to provide you with useful and entertaining content that will improve your financial and professional (and even personal) life. Please provide us with your contact information so that we can update you whenever new and useful content is published. We value your time and your attention so:
Your attention and your time are precious and we strive to earn a bit of it every single day by delivering excellent content.
Us @ Pennies and Pounds
What's Pennies and Pounds About?
Pennies and Pounds is here to improve your financial and professional (and even personal) life by delivering exceptional content that is both entertaining and informative. We know there are tons of blogs and website on the internet today and everyone is vying for your attention. We hope to earn some of your valuable time and attention by consistently delivering pieces of work that inspire and delight in addition to providing useful information. Pennies and Pounds isn't just about one topic, but covers a broad range of things related to your financial and professional well-being.
A Bit About the Author
I created Pennies and Pounds to help you learn and become better and potentially help myself should this website become popular. I hope it does. Please subscribe to the Pennies and Pounds email list above as that's the best way for me to update you with fresh content once in a while. Here's a bit more about my background:
- Education: BA in Economics; MS in Financial Engineering
- Investing since I was 17 years old
- Was a staff writer for a medium-sized on-campus newspaper on finance-related topics during undergraduate studies
- Worked in a variety of places - from a tiny business where I wore many hats to a multinational bank
Great Photos and Images Matter
All of the photos, graphics, and images on this website are in one of three categories:
- In the public domain: Simple use of images that are in the public domain
- Taken by me: I greatly enjoy taking photos and I am proud to feature many photos which I have taken throughout my adventures, trials, and tribulations. The vast majority of the images on this website are taken by me, usually with my smartphone.
- Created by me: When some sort of informational graphic is more appropriate than a photo (usually to convey some kind of information), I create one on my own and tailor it to fit its educational purpose.